NPEC is organized into four subcommittees: Chapter Support; Events; Curriculum; and Communications.
- Join the Podcast Team We are looking for volunteers to help with all phases of our podcast production and distribution. This includes planning topics, booking guests, hosting, to producing and distributing.
- Join the Training Team is focused on developing and holding regular trainings for DSA chapters to give their political education the tools to succeed. These trainings include starting a Socialist Night School, Public Speaking, Artical Writing and more. Volunteering possibilities here include facilitating, new training planning, and collecting political education materials and lessons.
- Apply to the Speakers’ Bureau: If you are an expert on any topic, send us a recording of yourself speaking on the topic! We are accepting a limited number of people to join a national roster of speakers for chapters around the country to draw from. You can also join our next Speakers’ Training to hone your speaking skills and then be recommended for the Bureau.
- Join the Events Team Since our chartering we have regularly put on national calls, covering a wide range of topics but to continue with that we could always use more help with the planning and logistics of these calls. That includes drafting topics, booking speakers, facilitating, and following up with participants. We also need help after events with editing materials for chapters to use in local viewings. Or into even shorter, more digestible video content.
- Submissions for Red Letter: our newsletter is a space for short political education materials, or discussions of educational theory and method. You can also submit articles that are already published that you’ve written. Please visit our submissions page
If you would like to join one of these teams, please email [email protected] and specify which teams(s) you’d like to join.